Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yard Progress...



This past few weeks has been super busy. Lots of summer fun and projects going on at our house! Lately I’ve been putting in a lot of hours working on improving the home. I’ve made some good progress, but there is still much to do to get it to where we want it to be. Here are some pictures from before and my progress so far…..

In the front yard….before


 
As you can see it was an overgrown mess! 

In the front yard after some….progress
 

No pictures yet of a finished project but….currently I’m attempting a weed barrier idea (from my mother in law) in this area. Mostly because while I was removing all the brush, I got a lovely case of Poison Ivy on my arms and legs. I would REALLY like to avoid that happening again if I can so...I raked out the entire bed, and laid thick newspaper…wet it with the hose…and recovered with mulch...I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with this area by the street, it's awkward. I don't like the big space of nothing. I was considering maybe some type of border and then sod on the remaining area, but not sure if it will be wide enough for hubs to get the mower through. If anyone has some low-no maintenance suggestions, I would love to hear them.

In a corner of the back yard….before
 
In the same corner of the back yard after some….progress

 
 


Unfortunately during all this, I unknowingly took out the homes of these guys…….
 
So we found them a nice new home they could enjoy even more. I think the car ride really confused them…particularly the music playing in the car. Both of them put their heads out as far as they could and sat really still listening to it….trying to figure it out maybe?
Their new home……



 
 
The release.....

 
You can’t see it here but the big one swam a ways and then resurfaced. The little ripples are him/her.



The other guy found a nice spot in some foliage.
 

What have you been up to lately? What home improvement projects are you planning/doing?


No comments

Post a Comment

© Making It Home In The South
Maira Gall