Thursday, May 23, 2013

Making Memories on the Cheap




 
Well its official!!! The kids are out of school for the summer. So now I need to find ways to keep them busy and help them create those wonderful childhood memories.  I don’t want to spend money on a daily basis to do this, so I have to be a little more creative.  The reason I think about it like this is because of my own childhood memories; my wonderful childhood memories. Yes, my parents took us kids to Chuck-e-Cheese and other places that you have to spend on, but all my favorite memories of summer years were the ones that didn’t cost my parents a thing. Playing outside, going for a swim, eating watermelon to refresh on a hot day. That sounds more like it.

So to get the ball rolling on summer I took the kids down to the lakefront. It was such a beautiful day and we all had a great time.
We walked around and took in the beauty of our surroundings.....




 

We played on the swings....



 

We even made a new friend. This guy seemed to be following us, I guess he wanted his picture taken too.
 
 

We had a ton of fun, and it didn’t cost a thing!

 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Making It Home In The South
Maira Gall