Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mixed Fruit Popsicles



Hey Everyone,
One of you asked me about the mixed fruit Popsicles I made on Memorial Day. I don’t have a written down recipe but they are really simple to make and you can customize them. I made some more and took pictures this time so I could show you. You will need something to freeze your Popsicles in. (I use these Popsicle molds; they are simple and functional, but nothing fancy.) You will also need fruit, and juice. It’s best to use fresh if you have it available, but you can use whatever you have on hand if you don't care if it's fully raw. (All the juices from the typical grocery store have been pasteurized AKA cooked.)

 

Pick out what kind of fruit you like; you can use several different kinds or just one. It’s all about what you feel like making. The only fruit I’m consistent with using for this are bananas, because I really enjoy their texture frozen. If you don’t like that, then you can use what you prefer. Here I used frozen blueberries and ripe bananas. Once you have your fruit, chop it up small so it will fit nicely in your mold.
 
Now for the fun part……I like to layer the fruit in there so each bite is a little different. You will want to layer the fruit loosely to save some room for the stick.

 

Once your fruit is layered the way you want, you can pour in the juice. I had orange juice in the fridge, and it was easy so I used that. (We love orange juice around here!) Make sure to leave a little space at the top because these will expand a bit as they are freezing, and it could make a mess in your freezer if there isn’t enough room to allow for this. Here is how I do it, without any mess.
 
Now just put the stick/lids on and put them in the freezer. (If you have room, you could put them in a tray or pan. My freezer is usually pretty stocked, so I put them individually where I can find the room.)
 

I usually make these the day ahead to ensure they are fully frozen, but there have been times when I made them in the morning and we've enjoyed them that night ;)
 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Making It Home In The South
Maira Gall