Friday, May 17, 2013

Recipe for Almost Instant Chocolate Milk, Vegan and Refined Sugar Free



 

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE chocolate milk, hot or cold; doesn’t matter. What I don’t like is highly refined sweeteners, artificial flavors and colors or hydrogenated oils in my chocolate milk. I want the real thing!  So I decided to make my own with unsweetened cocoa powder. In the past I did this by making chocolate syrup on the stove, and then cooling and refrigerating until I wanted to use it. Well I did that a few times and to be honest, my laziness took over. WAY too much work! Well not to worry, I found another way, it is super easy, and requires little if any pre-planning.
 

Almost Instant Chocolate milk

 

Ingredients:

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk

1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract

1 Tbs unsweetened Cocoa Powder

1 Tbs maple syrup

1 pinch of sea salt (optional, good either way)

 

Directions:

Add all ingredients to your blender, and blend on high speed until smooth.  Then pour into glasses to enjoy, or put in the fridge for later. ***Keep in mind that if you refrigerate, you will have to stir or shake prior to drinking as the cocoa will sink to the bottom. There is nothing to keep it suspended.

 

***We don’t like our chocolate milk super sweet, so I recommend tasting and adjusting the sweetener according to your own taste.

This recipe is really versatile. It tastes great heated, as is, or as a slushy by adding a few ice cubes into your blender as well. My #1 loves these so much she couldn't wait to get her hands on it!
 

We like to enjoy this treat often with some fresh fruit as a healthy afternoon snack. I hope you enjoy it too. Let me know if you try it!
 
 
 

Recipe Totals: 92.5 Calories, 3 Grams Fat, 3 Grams Fiber


 
 

 

 

 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Making It Home In The South
Maira Gall